Supporting projects that develop the foundations for a vibrant music industry in Wales and that help music talent in Wales to build a sustainable career.
We want to develop a sustainable and vibrant music sector in Wales by investing in projects and new ways of working that can support bands and artists’ careers at crucial points in their development.
We want to support bands and artists who create original music and are at a "tipping point" in their career, or support projects led by music enterprises or organisations where there is clear benefit to a "tipping point" band or artist.
We also want to support projects that will strengthen the foundations of the music sector in Wales, for example by developing and offering new services to the sector. These projects must clearly show how they will have a lasting and sustainable impact on the music sector in Wales.
We will not support:
- Applications from bands or on behalf of bands or artists who are just starting out. By this we mean those who do not have recordings, a live track record, any radio play, reviews or industry support
- Applications from bands or on behalf of bands or artists who do not create original music
- Projects that do not demonstrate how they will make a substantial difference to the bands / artist’s career after the project has completed
- Projects that focus solely on the writing and/or recording of music
- Projects that focus on national or international touring
- Projects that continue activity that is already taking place, or projects that are about your usual activity
Funding to attend international industry showcasing opportunities is provided through Wales Arts International, the international arm of Arts Council of Wales.
What are we looking for?
Think the Music Industry Development strand be suitable for your project? Find out more about what we’re looking for in an application and what funding is available here in the Music Industry Development strand document.
Not the right strand for your project? Return to the list of strands for Arts Grants for Organisations here
Are you eligible?
You should ensure that you have also read our information on Getting Started. You can check that your organisation is eligible to apply by taking our Eligibility Quiz.
If you have a project that you think might be suitable to apply for under this strand, please contact us before starting an application. You can email your project ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Music Industry Development strand information
Download the Music Industry Development help notes
Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales www.cerddcymru.com/about
PRS for Music: www.prsformusicfoundation.com/Funding/Useful-links