This scheme is important to us because it helps organisations to fulfil their artistic potential.
News for applicants
- The Small Grants rolling programme is open
- The next Large Grants deadlines are:
- 5pm Wednesday, 10th May 2017
- 5pm Wednesday, 16th August 2017
- 5pm Wednesday, 11th October 2017
- 5pm Wednesday, 17th January 2018
You may apply to us in Welsh or English. All applications will be treated equally.
Find out if you have the correct web browser to use our online application system.
Our Information Team is available Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
We are ambitious for the arts in Wales, and want the scheme to support quality work. We want to invest in projects that represent the very best of the arts in Wales.
The Arts Grants for Organisations: Getting Started document has all the information you need to know if you’re thinking of making an application to Arts Grants for Organisations.
It will help you with the first important step: identifying whether our funding is right for your organisation and your project. It will also tell you the types of activity we want to support. We call these "strands". There’s specific guidance available for each strand and we’ll tell you how to find this later.
Getting Started: Arts Grants for Organisations(336k)
Only organisations can apply to this scheme.
The questionnaire below will help you work out if you can apply for Arts Grants for Organisations. Make sure you’ve read the Getting Started guide before answering the questions.
A lot of the questions are about governance. By this we mean how your organisation is set up, what it is set up to do and how it works. If you need some help with these issues you may find our Information Sheet about governance helpful.
If you make any misleading or false statements on this questionnaire you may have to repay any grant we award you.
Once you’ve completed the questionnaire you can read more information about each strand.
1. Where is your organisation based?
2. Which of these best describes your organisation?
3. Does your organisation have a governing document (such as a constitution, trust deed or articles of association) that shows that the provision of arts activity is one of your objectives?
4. Does your organisation have a governing document (such as a constitution, trust deed or articles of association) that has an appropriate dissolution clause which sets out what would happen to your organisation’s remaining assets )after paying all debts and liabilities), should it cease to exist?
5. Can your organisation provide evidence to show that it has a track record of delivering arts activities to audiences or participants?
6. Can you provide evidence from your bank that you have an account in your organisation’s name, along with the names of a minimum of 2 people who can authorise transactions (account signatories)? Click here for more information on what’s required
7. Can your organisation provide evidence to show that you have an Equal Opportunities Policy that’s been reviewed by your governing body within the last three years and which complies with current legislation?
8. Are you in default on any financial agreements with Arts Council of Wales?