Supporting projects that develop the foundations for a vibrant music industry in Wales and help music talent in Wales to build a sustainable career.
We want to develop a sustainable and vibrant music sector in Wales by investing in projects and new ways of working that can support your career at crucial points in your development.
We want to support applications from artists who create original music and are at a "tipping point" in their career. We use the term "tipping point" to mean being ready to break through to the next level in your career development.
We also want to support projects that will strengthen the foundations of the music sector in Wales, for example developing and offering new services to the sector. These projects must clearly show how they will have a lasting and sustainable impact on the music sector in Wales.
We will not support:
- Applications from artists who are just starting out (by this we mean artists who do not have recordings, a live track record, any radio play, reviews or industry support)
- Applications from artists who do not create original music
- Projects that do not demonstrate how they will make a substantial difference to your career after the project has completed
- Projects that focus solely on the writing and / or recording of music
- Projects that focus on national or international touring
- Projects that continue activity that is already taking place, or projects that are about your usual activity
Funding to attend international showcasing opportunities is provided through Wales Arts International, the international arm of the Arts Council of Wales. You can read more here.
What are we looking for?
Think the Music Industry Development strand could be suitable for your project? Find out more about what we’re looking for in an application and what funding is available in our Music Industry Development strand document.
Not the right strand for your project? Return to the list of strands for Arts Grants for Creative Professionals.
Are you eligible?
You should ensure that you have also read our information on Getting Started. You can check that you are eligible to apply by taking our Eligibility Quiz
If you have a project that you think might be suitable to apply for under this strand, please contact us before starting an application. You can email your project ideas to: email@example.com
Download the Music Industry Development strand information
Music Industry Development help notes