Arts Council of Wales aims to safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults participating and engaging with the arts.
We will ensure that our client/partner organisations commit to good practice which protects children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm. In doing so they will take account of and comply with current legislation and best practice.
Arts Council of Wales’ Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures aim to:
- reduce the risk to children, young people and vulnerable adults by highlighting therelevant issues
- provide guidance on creating a safe working environment and appropriate reporting structures (in effect creating a culture of safeguarding within all organisations)
- ensure that when abuse is suspected or disclosed, appropriate action will be taken
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is aimed at two audiences:
- Arts Council of Wales staff who will need to use and understand the policy
- arts organisations and other bodies who receive funding from Arts Council of Wales
We recognise the enormous value that can be gained from involving young people in creative activity, and we support a wide range of projects that bring children, young people and vulnerable adults into contact with a wide range of arts activities.